Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
Soon I should be doing the top end in my kx125 and am currently not happy with what I am using. I have tried stock and vertex pistons in my bike and I'm not happy with there performance. I was wondering what your input was. What are my other options? any thoughts at all would help me out alot.

Matt

CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
Cant go wrong with a Weisco of course they are very sensitive when breakin in I would break it in very slowly and do it right, they have the tendacy to seize I use stock pistons very durable

SiCnTwIsTdYz

Apr 10, 2002
well i heard stock will outlast any other piston,weisco,vetex,pro-x etc.... i did a top-enmd in my bike last march time for a new one but im going to go stock again i like the performace from it i seem to have no problem

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
I'm not trying to get get alot big performance gain I just want something that will last longer that 3 races. presently I put a stock one in since last year I had a ProX shatter on me. does anyone run vertex pistons? there made by pro circuit right?.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The vertex are not made by PC, they are used std on some huskys and ktms, they often last a season in those bikes but i wouldnt go that far on a 125, i have a vertex in my Cr and replace it every 12hours at expert level.A novice should easily go 25hours between changes.PRO X are
made by the same manufacturer that provides the jap bikes so effectively you are saying std good but std is bad.If you are getting 3 rides on a piston i would look at
1,jetting-are you way too lean?
2 Airleak-again cuasing it to run lean.
3 dirt causing fast wear on piston.
4 ports not champhered properly causing ring wear
5 cylinder out of round or worn beyond spec.
6 too much compression causing detonation.
7 too little oil in you mix i use 32:1 on a 125.
Hope this helps.

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
Thanks for the help I have recently had problems with small amounts of dirt getting in but have since fixed. I went over your check list and very thing is good new cylinder first piston in it actually. And I think my jetting is way from lean(alittle on the fat side).

Matt

Top Bottom