DConwheels

Oct 21, 2006
My cr125 doesn't seem to have the quickness off the line and low end speed that some posts I have read from other 2 strokes. What should I expect from the bike. I am 175 lbs. the power band is a different story. It will kick just fine but I don't know if something is wrong with the acceleration or if the bike is not suppose to jump off the line. What are some other experience. i see on here all the time that if you can push the kick starter down with your hand then time to rebuild. i was at the Honda dealer and tried it on some 125s and 250s, the 125 I could do with my hand, the 250s I could also but had to put more into it. It's not like I'm superman or anything but why the difference stories?

mongial

Oct 28, 2006
Could you tell a difference between the new 125's and your 125 when pushing it down with your hand? If your compression is down it is time to rebuild. You can go to a dealer and have them run a compression check for you. As far as the "doggy" feeling down low, 125's don't have a heck of a lot of bottom end. They are made to rev and run at high RPM's. If you watch a MX race at the start, those guys are on the throttle and dump the clutch when the gate drops.

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
125s dont really how much lowend power. You have to keep the revs up high to get power out of them.

Top Bottom