oogiesfaded

Jun 7, 2009
Alright, i was running super rich this season and practically the whole life of this 9 year old bike. So i want to pull the exhaust and clean the left over gunk out of it. Is there anyway you guys recomend doing this? i want to get this bike running 100% without a top end rebuild. I have the carb off, going to clean the #@$% out of it tonight, put it back on, and clean the exhaust out and repack the silencer then tune the jets this weekend. Any ideas of what else to do/ check when im tearing it apart. SUPER NEWB warning right now, please be specific of what you recomend or i wont get it ;) Thanks guys

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
First things first.. Get a Factory Service Manual.

Then, spend the 100 bucks or so and do the top end. It will not be 100% without it.

As for the pipe.. There are a lot of different methods for getting it clean inside. Oven Cleaner, heat, ....

Do a search, you should turn up something that suits you.

oogiesfaded

Jun 7, 2009
Yeah, everything i can WITHOUT rebuilding the top end. This is because the top end is getting rebuilt next weekend. so for this weekend i want to do everything i can to get it cleaned up other then that. Im starting to realize i will have to go into 100% detail as possible with this forum. Thank you for your opinon indy, i have a service manual on order and ive been looking into baking the exhaust, but ive decided to just put some oil buster and clean that gunk up. then after the rebuild i will tune it up and ride it off. Any opinon's on front tires? i priYah, everything i can WITHOUT rebuilding the top end. This is because the top end is getting rebuilt next weekend. so for this weekend i want to do everything i can to get it cleaned up other then that. Im starting to realize i will have to go into 100% detail as possible with this forum. Thank you for your opinon indy, i have a service manual on order and ive been looking into baking the exhaust, but ive decided to just put some oil buster and clean that gunk up. then after the rebuild i will tune it up and ride it off. Any opinon's on front tires? i primiarly ride the sand dunes.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
For sand I like the Pirelli MX Soft. If you're primarily a dunes rider and you are wanting to go over the bike I'd be looking at every bearing on the bike, as the sand is very hard on bearings.

oogiesfaded

Jun 7, 2009
Chili said:
For sand I like the Pirelli MX Soft. If you're primarily a dunes rider and you are wanting to go over the bike I'd be looking at every bearing on the bike, as the sand is very hard on bearings.

alright, i can do that. anything else?

Top Bottom