16, 18 mm Offsets or suspension work 400E ?

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
I would like to do both but right now only have the cash for 1. Should I do the clamps to improve the headshake or do the suspension first and go from there? I have a GPR in the mail right now as well.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I agree with knobbiethrower, get the suspension setup first if you can only do one. The GPR will cure the headshake.

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
Eunoch74:p
If I had known about the E-Bay kit I would have tried it first. Fix the forks and spring for your weight. Probably .44 & pds 3. I tried a straight rate rear and did not like it. Just my opinion.:uh:

KTM Jim????:D

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Get the suspension done First:) :) :) I don't know all the technical stuff, but Steve @ So cal suspension rework mine and man what a differents.

I know he went with 46s, new valves and a straight rate in the rear., that with the stabilizer, I think you will be very happy

Got to try it out today @ the HBMC race,( oh by the way, Where were ya, you would've loved it )

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
Looks like I did it wrong. I bought the clamps before I bought the bike. Then when I got the bike and uncrated it I put the clamps on.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Ret - You Rebel :D Are you running the 16's or 18's?

Are you going to make it the DRN Elkins Flat ride?

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I did it that way too, RetSenior. I also put stiffer springs in both ends right away plus the Scott's damper. No headshake, great suspension and turning.

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
Strick...I run the 16's. I had to buy a prototype set because the production models were not going to be out for a few more months when I bought them and I wanted them for the arrival of the bike. Just missed you last year at Elkins Flat. I got their just after you left the Saturday morning or afternoon ride. I'm going to try and make it but it's just like your Reno ride, I work Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I work 4 on 4 off. 2 day shifts then 2 night shifts then 4 days off so my days off change 1 day every week. I'm going to try and take Saturday off so I can ride all day Saturday and up to Sunday afternoon.

John...Glad to see I'm not the only Rebel out here. I liked the stock springs better with the stock valves. When I put in the stiffer springs the forks became harsh with any oil height. I had it revalved for me with the stiffer springs and all is good now. Plush throughout with no hard bottoming out.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…