Succubus

Mar 6, 2005
For those of you who are familiar with the many threads I have started since I began this resurrection project know that just about every part on this ancient motor gave me some grief before I figured it out. Since this restoration began, I have rebuilt the tranny so I have first gear again, replaced the old seals and crank, piston and case bearings, had the cylinder bored and gave it a new piston and rings, new gaskets all around, new wheel bearings, new fork seals, new chain and sprockets (with some modified gearing) and a myriad of other things. Mt antidiluvean mudder now starts on the first kick and digs when you gun it. I gave it some paint and its sorta pretty, but no one is going to mistake it for a new bike. I built it to run it, not to show it.

If you run into anyone with an issue with a Yamaha DT1, send them my way. I likely faced the same problem and might have some insight to share. This old cycle still isn't as pretty as it will be, but the engine is essentially brand new, except for the cases and some parts of the transmission.

I got a lot of valuable advice from folks on this board and I appreciate it. Thanks for your attention, assistance and patience. Now, anybody want to race?

From Central Texas, where our riding season doesn't get wintered out,

Pat

Top Bottom