ben419

Jun 20, 2006
i just purchased a 1971 yamaha dt250 from a hillbilly at work. it started right up in the parking lot, and seemed to have good compression. after taking it apart and cleaning it i inspected it for hillbilly welds and other parts that weren't original. everything seemed pretty solid, so i proceded to paint the frame. what i'm replacing is: carb parts/gaskets, sprockets, chain, clutch/throttle cables, tires, misc fasteners, and foot pegs. the seat foam is in ok condition so im just recovering it with a little help from mom. in the end..(by sunday 7/31/06) i hope to have a strong running safe little bike for my dad to ride around at the tracks and riding parks we go to. thus far i have $204.88 invested and still have above parts to purchase. it is my belief that all can be accomplished for under $500.00. any advice or comments/questions would be appreciated.

ben419

Jun 20, 2006
ok, bike complete and my dad road it around at the track yesterday evening. runs strong, but we still need to seal the inside of the tank. no prob getting carb parts, case gaskets, or anything really. all together we have invested appox: $550.00, and 15 total hours or wrench time between me and pops. looking in the paper/trader you can't touch a bike in good running condition for that amount.

Top Bottom