rgalbraith

May 18, 2003
Hi all,

I have read the faq and have browsed the archives and used the search function, but I have not found an answer to my question. Hopefully, someone here can tell me if what I want to do is possible or not. I have a pristine example of a 1984 KDX 200. As anyone who has ever ridden one knows the brakes are useless. I want to graft the forks and front brake from an '86-'88 model onto mine. Has anyone ever done this? is it as simple as bolting the newer forks up to the '84 triple clamps? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

procircuit21

Nov 19, 2002
It should be no problem. I have a '91 200 and I chucked my stock forks for the forks off a '93 and they bolted up fine. I seriously doubt that Kawasaki would change the diameter of the forks so it shoudl be no problem.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
If you get the forks complete with the wheel, brakes, axle and tripple clamps it is a direct bolt in affair! The bearings in the tripple clamp are the same from 83-91 and maybe even later than that.

We finished a 86 complete front end on my friends 83 KDX200. Do a search for it as we posted pics of it a while back.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom