acesnkush

Apr 29, 2006
Me and my friend are rebuilding his top end and basically finished. We tried putting the cycllynder back on which the top end rests in. However on the front left bolt (if loking at bike from the front) there is a plastic peice, that is a lever. I think its called the crank shaft reed (not quite sure the name). Anyways the plastic peice obstructs the cyclinder from dropiing in flush. The manual said to set the plastic peice in the foward postition which we did, but the cylynder still wont drop into the bolts flush. Do we have to somehow take out the plastic peice to install it? Or are we just freaking idiots and cant figure out why? If anyone has had this issue in the past please reply. This stupid plastic peice is preventing me from riding!

Red Ryder

Mar 14, 2007
Is there any way you can get a picture to me? I'm having trouble grasping what that part looks like, where it is positioned and what it does. Even with a good description I'm not sure I could help.

Jordan

Red Ryder

Mar 14, 2007
My manual covers the ATAC system, I didn't realize that's what was holding you up. Meybe you have the HPP system, that's in my manual too.

I still don't see any plastic parts on or around the cylinder area, according to my manual it looks like it's all metel levers etc.. It would be VERY helpful to have a few pictures so I could see what's going on. I've never had an ATAC bike before, just the normal. I just did a YZ with the YPVS system, it's similar but has different engineering. I think if I was in your position I would as you said take it apart and just figure it out.

Jordan

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
My 1987 has a completely different power valve, but in order to get my cylinder to drop on, I have to remove the right side crankcase cover. The governor that operates the powervalve is in this cover, once you remove it there will be no pressure on the linkages and you can position them however you want and drop the cylinder in place.

acesnkush

Apr 29, 2006
Thanks for the responses guys.;... OK yeah ill get a pic up as soon as possible. I took off off my right side of my crankcase in my top end rebuild too on my yz. but my friend (who think he knows more about this than me even though he has never done a top end rebuild) Doesnt think that is where u can get from it. I cann see where he is coming from because its hard imagine that peice coming into that box. It is on the front inside of the bolt (if lookin from back of bike). I told him to try it but he is afraid of ripping that gasket, even thugh i told him to replace tha gasket with the rest. Nrxt couple days Ill post a pic. Thanks for the help

Top Bottom