May 22, 2007
I just got it fixed right and now its smoking really bad and smells like the smoke doesn't smell normal at all.It smells like its burning or something to that extent.Any help would be greatly appreciated.I have been riding it for a few days and it was fine,But not it started smoking A LOT and smells like its burning up.

May 22, 2007
Hey Ivan it's smoking out of the Silencer and it smells like somethings burning. I had to fix the waterpump. The waterpump cover had a crack in it and we got it fixed and filled it with coolant.

bmcd308

Feb 9, 2007
What does it smell like? Have you ever smelled burning antifreeze - that is what I would suspect; that you are burning coolant, in which case I would suspect a gasket.

May 22, 2007
Yes it smells like burnt antifreeze.But how did I blow a head gasket? Thats what I would like to know,So I don't blow another one as soon as I get a new one.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
crazymotoxrider said:
Yes it smells like burnt antifreeze. But how did I blow a head gasket? Thats what I would like to know,So I don't blow another one as soon as I get a new one.

Ran it low on coolant when the water pump was leaking? :whoa:

Just a guess.

Rotor

May 22, 2007
I didn't ride it when the water pump was leaking.I have been checking the coolant often and its been filled up but not ALL the way.It could be filled up alittle more than it is now.

uts

Jan 8, 2004
Sometimes head gaskets just corrode away and wear out. This is not caused from overheating or any one incident, it just happens from time to time. I'm not saying that is what happened to your bike but it can happen

May 22, 2007
The thing that makes me wonder if there is something wrong is that they were suppost to replace the Head Gasket when I got it fixed a few months ago.I have only rode it a handful of times since I got it back because we had to fix the waterpump because it was still leaking.

Top Bottom