1986 kawasaki klr 250

Baphomet31

May 15, 2008
Hey, im still a newb here but it seemed like a great forum to get some information about dirtbikes.

There is a 1986 klr 250 for sale locally and i was wondering if it was worth the buy or not?

I was talking to the owner via phone and e-mail and he said that the bike is not running currently and that all it needs is new rings and the carbs cleaned. i could probly get the bike for in the range of 550-600 $ would that be worth it?

How much does it cost to get the carbs cleaned and rings put in? I was talking to a friend and he said that a complete top end rebuild kit for a bike would cost in the area of 140 $ ( im not sure about that ) I live in Nova Scotia Canada.

Would i be able to do the rebuild myself? I have minimal knowledge about dirtbikes but i have a cousin who is a atv mechanic would the components be similiar?

The bike comes with a set of new front and back tires and rims along with new plastics also. Im wondering if it is worth the buy to get it. In total if i got the bike for 600 it would cost me another 100 to go get it then say 200 more to get it running maybe? i need some advice on this because im itching to get a dirtbike really bad.

Thanks, Aaron.

2fiddyEXC2T

May 4, 2008
id save your money and buy something a little newer if you can, if its not running there may be bigger problems with the engine than the owner HASNT mentioned. bikes come and go keep looking

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…