1987 suzuki rm 125 HOW MUCH OIL???!!! HELP

cms10balla

Dec 30, 2008
have a 87 suzuki rm 125 and i dont have a book for it nor can i find how much oil or what kind of oil you use for it.. not to mix but to put in the clutch casing... if anyone can tell me what kind of oil i use and how much id greatly appreciate it

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
Bel-Ray Gear Saver in 80 WT is a safe bet.Look on the case next to the fill and it should be imprinted on the case.Or does it have a dipstick or level screw?Start with 500CC and check the stick.If it has a level screw remove the screw and slowly pour oil into the fill until it begins to run out of the screw hole.Or if it has a dipstick ad 100CC at a time until it is OK on the stick.

cms10balla

Dec 30, 2008
i know i cant find anything and i havent found anything and dont have a manual.. and they wont tell me anything they want me to bring it in for them to look at... its ridiculous-_-

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Personally, I use Shell Rotella-T 15w40. I've been running it in all of our bikes, with no ill effects.

It's 11.99 per gallon at most Autoparts stores around here, you can even get it at Walmart.

I'm sure there will be many people on here that will tell you only to run the $10 per quart stuff from the dealer, and that's fine if you really feel the need to spend that much on oil. But, I'm guessing you aren't going to be doing any serious racing, so I doubt you really need the highest performance oil.

Rotella-T is a good quality oil. I ran it for many years in my truck. And in that application, we only did oil changes every 15,000 miles. If it can handle that, it'll be just fine in your bike every 3 to 4 rides.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom