1989 to 1994 KDX200 Air Box Modification

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
Instead of removing the snorkel and drilling 1/2" holes behind it, why not cut the center section out, leaving the voltage regulator area intaked? I know I may relocate the voltage regulator after tossing the air box lid, but was wondering why I coudn't just do the above? Also, is there any difference in power between removing the lid and modifying the lid?

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
That should be just fine. As far as the airbox lid goes there is reallly no difference between late models and the series you are speaking of. That is exactly what I have done to my 02 220. A lot of people do that. I was going to completely relocate the regulator, but it would have required me to splice in an extension of wiring, and I did not have any laying around. So, I just hacked off as much lid as possible and remounted the remainder on top of the airbox.

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
The extra little bit of noise from modifying the airbox is well worth the performance increase. Thanks for your input. Mark

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
I like that little burp it lets out. Let's you know it's breating. Glad you like the results, and glad I could help.

XE326

Jan 25, 2002
I have a 91 KDX200 and i cut a nice big square hole in my airbox lid, then decided what the heck and tossed the lid, man what a difference, definetly take off the lid!

Top Bottom