bullz-i

May 16, 2009
Hi everyone,
Just getting back into the sport after a 15 year break. Darn kids :) I have always wanted a Husky and this one seemed to be a good deal and the bike is in good condition. I just needs chain and sprockets and a water pump seal. There are a few odds and ends that needs but thoes are the main problems. While this is not my first Euro bike it is my first Husky. My first bike was a 79 Maico 450. I have searched the site and have had several of my questions answered but I have several more I was hoping you all could answer.
1. The rear sprocket for this bike seems to be easy to get but the front sprocket seems to be a bit harder. Is the front sprocket the same on a 250? What about other years of 360 are they all the same?
2. The rear chain guide is missing and I have been looking into a aftermarket replacement. I am not having much luck so I was wondering if anyone has found one that works (maybe from another bike) or has modified a aftermarked unit to work?
3. I am looking for some opinions on the sprocket sizing. I live in Colorado and mostly trail ride. Most of my riding will take place at 5000ft up to 10,000 ft. On the 250's I use to ride I would run 13/50 but of course they didnt have the grunt of the 360. I am also a big guy (AKA tall and fat) 6'2" 265# So if you have any opinions let me know.
4. Pistons? Who makes pistions and rings for this bike? Do other model years work on the 92?
5. Parts? What parts dealers do you recomend. Halls shows up alot in the search but if there are others let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!
Chris

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
If you look in the motorcycle sprocket catalogs, you will find that the sprockets also fit other bikes. I cannot remember which, sorry. I believe all 250 and 360 Husky's use the same pattern, just different sizes.

Chaparral and Dennis Kirk come to mind.

The chain guide is a Husky part. I have never seen one from another bike that would fit. I ended up making my own and purchasing bolts and rollers that fit my setup. It was super simple to make out of 2 strips of 1/8 inch aluminum and 2 bolts.

I am also a fairly big guy at 240. I ran 15 front and 44 rear. However, I like to carry major speed. It's not unusual for me to cruise at 80.

I can't say the pistons from later bikes will be the same. However, I do believe they will fit. I have never seen any aftermarket pistons for this bike. The OEM piston is very high quality and you will only need one, ever. Unless something lets go like a crank or a steel reed.

bullz-i

May 16, 2009
Thanks a lot for the info. I was able to get chain and sprockets from Halls at a pretty good price. I ended up going with a 14/52 combo as I really like the power down low.

As for the guide, it is over $100 to replace it using Husky parts. I was looking at Motopsportz web site and it looks like their Folding Chain Guide would fit if I cut off the top bushing. I may go that way.

If I have to make my own do you remember the distance between the upper and lower roller?

As for the piston I am glad to hear that the stock unit is so strong. I removed the head on my bike to look at the piston condition and carbon build up. I was happy to see very little carbon. The cylinder walls looked great. I did notice a little more side to side movement in the piston than I thought was normal. As I understand it Huskys run a little more piston clearance than other bikes. Given that I guess what I seen would be considered normal. Would you agree?

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
The only way to determine piston to wall clearance is to measure it at the proper location on the piston skirt. No other method is worthwhile or tells you anything.

These Husky's have huge HP potential. If you want to tweak up the engine, let me know. I would be happy to help with some specs and ideas.

Chris

OZ_dirtrider

Jul 2, 2001
Wossner make the piston for the WR360 from 92 to 2003 (whenever they were phased out), as Cujet mentioned, they are specifically coated so that they last hence the expense vs uncoated wiseco disposal pistons.
The front sprocket part number for a renthal is 270U-520-15GP and l'm pretty sure the CR/WR250 as well as the TC/TE 410 may fit.
As for the chain guide, again, look for modern WR250's,TE450 and TE510/570's.

Skyldig

Jul 7, 2009
Hi!

I'm also looking for a piston kit (wr360 '96).

Noticed that at the cylinder bottom the letters "5v C" were printed (post production I think). The piston itself had the letters W78 inside. I measured the skirt and found out it was 77,85mm about 10mm from the bottom.

Does this mean I should order the 77.96 +0.02 "C-piston" ?

The best price I could find was at Husqvarna outlet, $189 usd. Any other suggestions?

Hope I didn't steal this thread now :)

Top Bottom