liljut816

May 7, 2009
1992 kx500

i have a 1992 kx500 an i went out to ride it an it started up fine but i was on the bike for maybe 10 min at the most an it started to act up i would hit the gas an i would go then try an stall an then it did stall an it smelled like somthing burning an i felt the head an it was really really hot so im guessing it was over heating but i have coolent filled to top dose any one else no what it cold be please let me no

liljut816

May 7, 2009
repair manuals

some one told me i can get a repair manual off the internet an print it out but i cant find one dose any one no were i can find one its for a 1992 kx500

liljut816

May 7, 2009
the bike was smokeing so im guessing it did im not really shore i boult it from some one i didnt check that but if it was smoking then i would think so

liljut816

May 7, 2009
timeing

dose any one have a service manual for a kx500 or dose any one know what the rite timeing is for a kx 500 cause i think my timeing is off or wrong how would i know an do you know what the timeing is

John.Jr

Jan 5, 2009
Hey check your radiator, then drain the crankcase and see if oil is mixing with with the antifreeze if so the water pump and seal needs to be REPLACED , also head gasket might need to be checked also, What is your oil mixture,and what color smoke is coming out the pipe. I have an 01 K-500

liljut816

May 7, 2009
1992 kx

my kx 500 is vary hard to start an dsent have a compression release to make it easier an it takes awhile for it to start what could it be ?

liljut816

May 7, 2009
what weaght oil do i use in crank case

i need to know what weaght oil an how much oil i use to put in my crank case for a 1992 kx500

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Check the top bracket on the top of the expansion chamber where it connects to the frame. It usually breaks and will cause a rattle.

Edit: just read your other thread and you probably have more problems than that.

Dale

John.Jr

Jan 5, 2009
To me,white smoke out the tail pipe would be steam, like a head gasket,water mixing(water pump), also starting this Machine TAKES A MAN KICK!!!!! This aint no BORESTROKE I,mean 4stroke.The rattle I hope you hear is the KIPS in the top-end working,Im 5'7 170lbs. I can start mine in 2-3 kicks!!!!! Hit me back with any more questions,Peace

liljut816

May 7, 2009
oil

i jus got a 1992 kx500 an i dont know what weaght oil i use or how much in crank case can any one tell me? an is it normal for noise like rattle or sound like piston slap on kx500?

liljut816

May 7, 2009
top end leak

i have a 1992 kx500 an i started it up the outher day an noticed a clear liquid comeing out from one of the bolts on the top end an some black liquid comeing out an outher one what could it be?

liljut816

May 7, 2009
yea thats what i was thinking but jus wanted to make shore thanks.but do you no anything about a kx500 like if they tend to have noise in the top end ? or if they tend to have a vibration?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Attempting to read your posts gives me a headache! This isn't a text messaging site. It would be to your advantage to punctuate and make regular sentances. I'll avoid your posts in the future.:(

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
liljut816 said:
what is kips

Slow down! Give somebody time to answer your question, and I promise they will. Kips is an exhaust/ powervalve that helps your power through a certain range of RPM's. And please do us all a favor, and listen to bswift about how this is not a text messaging site. If we cannot understand what you are trying to say, we cannot give you an answer. :cool:

liljut816

May 7, 2009
i dont know what you people are talking about saying that i am writeing like a txt i spell out each word like it should be i mite miss some keys or something wow! sorry im not a computer geek like you people if you dont like what i write then dont read it thanks!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
BSWIFT said:
Attempting to read your posts gives me a headache! This isn't a text messaging site. It would be to your advantage to punctuate and make regular sentances. I'll avoid your posts in the future.:(

Me too........

madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
liljut816 said:
i dont know what you people are talking about saying that i am writeing like a txt i spell out each word like it should be i mite miss some keys or something wow! sorry im not a computer geek like you people if you dont like what i write then dont read it thanks!

geez... talk about disrespect to people who are trying to help. :whoa:

you're obviously too immature to even own a 500.

Last edited:

Top Bottom