kx801993

Aug 18, 2003
I have a 1993 kx 80 i took it to the shop and the said that thye couldnt work on it because it was too old.they did however tell me that something was wrong with the crankcase.they said that a bolt or something got loose and tore it up and said it needed a new one.also me brother is a mechanic and he said it need a new floater needle in the caberater.i was wonder what is there that i can do to get it running?thanks.

email me at liljc2000@aol.com

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
You did not provide enough information. As far as the carb needle goes, I suspect you mean the needle and seat assembly. That is an very inexpensive set of parts commonly replaced on older carburators. I replace the needle and seat on my carbs about every year or 2 just to prevent problems. A leaking needle will cause flooding.

I have no idea what type of damage occured to the crankcases on your engine. Please be specific. If the problem is simply a broken bolt that is stuck in the crankcase housing, there are many methods to remove broken bolts. My favorite is a left hand drill bit. I use a lot of care and a little muscle to get the LH drill bit to grab the broken bolt and back it out.

If the problem is damage caused by broken parts, often the damage can be fixed by welding (TIG welding).

If the crankshaft wore out and came apart, that is a very common problem with 2 stroke engines. Motorcycle mechanics know how to fix this.

Also, if you need a replacement engine or parts, do not forget to look on E-Bay.

Keep in mind that those engines require frequent overhauls to keep from self destructing! They make a lot of power for such a small package and are highly stressed.

Chris

Top Bottom