1993 suzuki ds 80

blake4533

Apr 17, 2006
hey guys, i just got a very good condition suzuki ds 80, its my first bike and ive rode for about 4 hours so far on saturday and sunday, now my quistion is, when i bought the bike it came with a silencer, im wondering if i should take it off, does it give the bike alot more power? any help is appreciated

dante

Mar 24, 2004
No don't take it off... You can remove it, and heat it up with a torch to burn off all the carbon, and stuff to have better flow... You'll notice a big power incease... If you run it without the baffle, you might need to rejet it... I did that with my GT 80 when I was a kid... The bike did'nt last very long after that...

husabutt

Dec 26, 2005

Please leave the silencer on. If you take it off it will be very very loud. You may notice a very slight power increase or you may even experience a power decrease. It will be a great bike to learn the basics on. I would suggest keeping the maintenance current and perhaps a new set of knobby tires would help put the power it has to the ground.

ncflattracker

Jan 1, 2006
Ds 80

TRUST ME. I TRIED IT (FOR ABOUT 10 SECONDS) IT'S WAY LOUD AND DOES NOT OFFER ANY POSITIVES. RUNS WORSE.TODAYS DAY AND AGE WE'VE GOT TO BE CAREFUL ON NOISE LEVELS OR WERE GONNA WRECK OUR IMAGE AS RIDERS AND OUR SPORT... :nod:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…