Help! - Will parts from a 83 Suzuki rm 80 motorfit a 83 Sukuki ds 80 motor

mikea

Mar 28, 2005
Will parts from a 83 Suzuki rm 80 motorfit a 83 Sukuki ds 80 motor

hello I don't know much about bikes but my sons kickstart lever and shaft it goes onto broke. have found a motor from a rm 80 that looks the same. can anyone tell me what the difference in the motors are before I bid on it. thanks
Mike

Gazza2005au

Mar 27, 2005
can anyone tell me what the difference in the motors are before I bid on it
RM80 is a racing 2 stroke bike with power band, power band is when th bike reaches peek power it has a really hard kick as for the DS80 it is only a mild 2 stroke so the power band is spread through out the rev range its more of a farm bike i have owned both

mikea

Mar 28, 2005
Thanks for the reply. do you think the kickstart lever and shaft it goes onto would be interchangable?

Thanks
Mike

mikea

Mar 28, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello I don't know much about bikes but my sons kickstart lever and shaft it goes onto broke. have found a motor from a rm 80 that looks the same. can anyone tell me what the difference in the motors are before I bid on it. thanks
Mike

reelrazor

Jun 22, 2004
I can't remember exactly when the dividing year was, but if the RM80 you have access to is watercooled, then NO, the parts won't fit.

The DS80's(all of them) used the prior air cooled RM engine

acanz

Damn Yankees
Dec 7, 2004
The kickstarter <i>should</i> fit because parts like kickstarters and shifters usually are a universal fit, but other then that probably not.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Looking at the parts diagrams at partsfish the kickers look completely different. Both show as discontinued without a part number so I can't say for sure but the prices were also different so I would suspect they are different.

Top Bottom