pokeyjr1

Apr 15, 2007
Hi i have a 93 250 that i just picked up..i bought the bike for cheap becuase the previous owner had clutch problems after gettin the clutch re-done at a shop. he had told me he went riding one day and the next day he went to go the clutch would not grab on its own, you would have to pull the clutch lever out...if anyone has any ideas please let me know..thanks

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
pokeyjr1 said:
Hi i have a 93 250 that i just picked up..i bought the bike for cheap becuase the previous owner had clutch problems after gettin the clutch re-done at a shop. he had told me he went riding one day and the next day he went to go the clutch would not grab on its own, you would have to pull the clutch lever out...if anyone has any ideas please let me know..thanks

Assuming the shop replaced the plates and used new springs & screws, and you're using a cable thats in good shape and not kinking:

http://images.powersportsnetwork.com/fiche/images/Yamaha/1993/Motorcycles/553_clutch.gif

The pic above shows your clutch breakdown. See part #22?

The push rod can chip this part on its edge, thereby displaying the symptom you describe by not allowing the push lever to rotate back where it's supposed to.

When I did my YZ250 Clutch, I replaced the push rod and push lever. It's something you'll want to remove and inspect for a chip along its edge.

Top Bottom