Guiltymotox

Jul 21, 2006
The bike spits black oil out the exhaust leaks down end silencer. And smokes white/blue smoke excessively. The bike still has great power even though it is time to pull the top end. mixing 32:1 should I use less oil and lean it up a bit? Or is crank seal damaged? I wanna fix this probem before I put a new top end in just in case its a more major job. Any ideas or adivice really appreciated!
thanks - Jayson

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
My son's 97 kx80 smokes pretty good too, But the plug looks fairly good(dark tan) So I know the jetting is close,I moved the clip up one on the needle( wich is second from top) that helped a lot and throttle response is better, You might try that. I wound not run nothing richer than 32:1,(the more fuel than oil the richer you get) these little motors scream and need the lubrication!!BTW I think most of them smoke quite a bit anyway!!At least all the 65's and 80's I've seen :nod:

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
no my kx 80 ripps lol
try new oil -good oil---klotz it burns clean. youll really tell the differance ,and 36-40:1
check the plug it should be tan or brown, i have the needle in 2nd clip , i also have boysen pro series reeds and a fmf pipe ,silencer combo i built it for my nephew,the lil bike pulls wheelies in 1-5th gear lol its bad
change the silencer packing as well it is soaked with all the exess oil that hasn't been burning

Top Bottom