Guiltymotox

Jul 21, 2006
The bike spits black oil out the exhaust leaks down end silencer. And smokes white/blue smoke excessively. The bike still has great power even though it is time to pull the top end. mixing 32:1 should I use less oil and lean it up a bit? Or is crank seal damaged? I wanna fix this probem before I put a new top end in just in case its a more major job. Any ideas or adivice really appreciated!
thanks - Jayson

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
My son's 97 kx80 smokes pretty good too, But the plug looks fairly good(dark tan) So I know the jetting is close,I moved the clip up one on the needle( wich is second from top) that helped a lot and throttle response is better, You might try that. I wound not run nothing richer than 32:1,(the more fuel than oil the richer you get) these little motors scream and need the lubrication!!BTW I think most of them smoke quite a bit anyway!!At least all the 65's and 80's I've seen :nod:

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
no my kx 80 ripps lol
try new oil -good oil---klotz it burns clean. youll really tell the differance ,and 36-40:1
check the plug it should be tan or brown, i have the needle in 2nd clip , i also have boysen pro series reeds and a fmf pipe ,silencer combo i built it for my nephew,the lil bike pulls wheelies in 1-5th gear lol its bad
change the silencer packing as well it is soaked with all the exess oil that hasn't been burning

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom