crryder1

Sep 11, 2006
hey everyone... this is the first time i have ever posted in this forum but i have read alot of useful information here so i figured i would give it a shot...

here is my problem.... my brother just bought a 1998 cr125, the bike has a fresh top end and has alot of pull in the upper rpm ranges but fouls more plugs than i ever thought possible...throughout 2 hours of riding he goes through 2 or 3 plugs... we do alot of tight trail riding but also some wide open dirt roads and fields... i havent gotten a chance to ride it alot but i did notice he fouls most plugs while riding down big downhills and not being on the throttle...

its jetted as follows... 165 main, 52 pilot and 1368 needle with the clip in the second postion from the top... air screw 2 turns out... i think he is rich in the lower rpm ranges and was wondering if i should go with a smaller pilot? i have already put hotter plugs, br8eg is what he has been using because the br9eg fouled faster and the br7eg fouled and i thought it was too hot to try again... I didnt jet it that way thats how it was when i opened up the carb and i think that main is about on because it runs smoothly in the upper rpms... i also checked the reeds and they looked fine no cracks or warping...

any help would be greatly appreciated because i am tired of stopping in the middle of rides to watch him change plugs... thank you...

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
I would suggest a 40:1 ratio with HP-1! How does the power valve look and is it working properly?

Top Bottom