Feb 23, 2008
I need quick help since the shops are closed today and cant call them. anybody know the nut size on the rear swing arm? Its the one that goes the the swingarm and motor? Thanks

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
thats funny that you ask that. i cant figure out how to stop the other end from spinning.mines a 22mm idk about honda.

bwood

Mar 21, 2004
The bolt should slide out. You can use the larger end of a 6" long, 1/4" extension and tap the threaded end gently to loosen it. the extension is small enough to fit on the end of the bolt and not damage the threads. It may help to take the rear wheel and shock off, loosen the motor mounting bolts and have someone support the swingarm while you try and remove the bolt. These steps will help if for some reason the bolt is in a bind from some misalignment. If these steps don't work the bolt my be seized in the steel bushing where it passes through the motor. You can try penetrating oil like PB Blaster. Spray it on the the ends of all the bushings and give it some soak time and try again. If this doesn't work, you will have to use a sawzall and cut the bolt at the steel bushings that stick out of the swingarm (in between the swingarm and motor). Good Luck.

slodad

Sep 4, 2005
Don't be afraid to get a bigger hammer. You don't want to beat it to death, but sometimes it takes a pretty good whack to break it loose.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom