bwyand92

Jun 14, 2009
Just bought this off a guy and love it! Only 2 problems found so far. He warned me that the shifter needs tightened so I am sure the first problem has to do with that which is from shifting from 1st to 2nd if you don't pull up hard enough it shifts back to neutral. I'm sure I answered my own question there but just double checking

2nd: When letting go of the gas the bike seems to sputter until I either shift down or hold in the clutch. Yeah I know if your in a high gear and start going down it will do that but I was in like 3rd easing it down. My guess is that since it has an after market pipe on it it was never rejetted and or the carb is a tad dirty.

What do you guys think?

mas2de

May 3, 2009
#1 may also be something bent a bit from someone stomping on the shifter. (Not sure of you **** machanism type) or even some of the dog teeth being slightly rounded off. (not even sure if your bike has dog teeth or another method of engaging.
#2 doesn't sound as much of a problem. when its sputtering and you pull in the clutch, it idles fine right? If so, then its just being a bike.

Top Bottom