robbie_new

Feb 20, 2007
I was riding my rm125 and as i was coming to a red light i started downshifting and the tire locked up and it just skidded i got my buddy to tow me home and then i started the bike and it makes a weird noise but still runs and i havent tried to put it into gear yet anybody know what happened i want to check everything before i try to ride it

griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
robbie_new said:
I was riding my rm125 and as i was coming to a red light i started downshifting and the tire locked up and it just skidded i got my buddy to tow me home and then i started the bike and it makes a weird noise but still runs and i havent tried to put it into gear yet anybody know what happened i want to check everything before i try to ride it
First off I just have to ask, "Why were you on the street with an RM125, especially a street that is busy enough to need traffic lights?" :coocoo:

The noise is probably crank bearings, big end rod bearing etc...

lestat357

Dec 5, 2007
id say your trans got screwed whats the noise and where is it coming from

robbie_new

Feb 20, 2007
first of all the street is in the middle of now where it doesnt really need traffic lights(everybody rides there dirt bikes down the road where i live) and the noise is not that loud and cant really tell where it is coming from and as for the tranny i dont know cause it shifts throught all the gears i am going to have a look tonight

griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
robbie_new said:
first of all the street is in the middle of now where it doesnt really need traffic lights(everybody rides there dirt bikes down the road where i live) and the noise is not that loud and cant really tell where it is coming from and as for the tranny i dont know cause it shifts throught all the gears i am going to have a look tonight

You mentioned this happened as you down shifted for a light, that sounded like a busy city street, that is why I ask.

I mentioned the main bearings because almost every time I have had them fail, the bikes would just suddenly stall, but then restart in a short time there after, but would have a horrible noise to them. Hopefully this isn't your problem.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
I'd agree sounds like a rank rod bearing or main bearing siezure. the noise is the bunged up bearings rattling around...You should feel the notchyness when you turn the motor over by hand when in neutral...thus proving the problem is in the crank/piston area...not the trans.

Top Bottom