Mar 31, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'2" 140ish
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
scale of 1-10 prlly 6 pr 7
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? prlly more of woods n fields with friends but maybe some tracks
4) Do you have any riding experience? yea i had a dirtbike before but only for a few months
5) Do you think you will race ? probably not but its a possibilty
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Ill be doing a little more then the basic bike work but other then that its going to the shops
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? kawasaki.. i dont no the difference between 2/4 stroke
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? i dont know
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike? well im a little short on money
10) Do you live in California? no
11) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
im a 15 year old girl and a i live in a very country area. theres fields everywhere and woods.

Blackcat

Mar 9, 2007
http://www.dirtrider.com/tests/offroad/141_0605_2006_honda_crf_150_test/
Here you go here is a link to a good bike. It's still new and might be a little pricy. If you want something a little cheaper I would look into an XR 100 you can get one used for under 1500 just take a good friend with you who knows about bikes when you go buy so you don't get stuck with a POS. Another option would be a 2 stroke MX bike a like a cr, kx, yz, or rm 80/85 they are a little quicker but you can do wheelies and take them off higher jumps and stuff. Also what kind of bike did you have before? You might also want to check out the womans forum they have a womans bike section. Here is a link to that as well.
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=99796
Good luck.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Look for a used KLX125. You could probably ride a KX85, but it's a pretty aggressive bike.

Blackcat, she said she likes Kawasaki (question 7) and the first thing that you did was recommend 2 Hondas. It appears that you are a fan of red, and that's OK, but you should respect the fact that she may have a reason to prefer the green bikes. Oh, and the CRF150F is way out of the price range of somebody that is "a little short on money", and despite what some may think, that bike is not right for everybody in the 4'6"-5'6" height range.
Sorry BulletsandRomance, I had to vent a little.

Top Bottom