HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Check out this link: http://www.allpar.com/neon/stroke.html

Although my first ride was an early 70's Suzuki TM75, which was well worn, it didn't impress me that much.  I got a '83 XR200R next and it was a good learning bike: gas and go.  I wanted the baddest bike available, the CR480R.  Having never ridden a real 2 stroke, I managed to ride a family friend's '85 CR250R - and was amazed at the difference in power with just 50cc's.  Then I got a sweet '84 CR250R and my love affair with the 2 stroke had begun. 

Incidently, my dad raced outboard boats (Mercurys with shaved heads, NOS system, the works).  You're not living until you floor the pedal (no stinking lever here) on a 100+ mph boat and go from 35 to 85 in nothing flat (hey, I was 17 and had it trimmed way down and didn't touch the NOS!!)  I was in awe of the mighty 2 stroke for sure now.

That helped me decide that Engineering would be the path of choice when going to college...with dreams of working with Mercury to make a V-8 2 stroke  for cars. (How in the world did I wind up in pumps??)

I have a '74 Porsche 914 that I can't decide which way to go: stock w/FI, stock w/dual carbs, 350 chevy, electric, VW turbo 1.8T or..... a 2 stroke!).  I hope this technology makes it soon, as I would love to go with a 2 stroke.  If you look at the enviro-nazis, they would shoot down this technology with their ignorance of the potential (based on your weedwacker performance).  I'd love to prove them wrong. :debil:

Top Bottom