Bizerk

Feb 28, 2004
I have been hearing through the grapevine and reading articles on the AMA site that say that 2 stroke bikes may be outlawed/banned. :whiner: One bill even is trying to pass in MA that will outlaw the sales of 2 stroke bikes, snow mobiles and boat motors! What the heck is going on?? I'm at a loss. I just purchased a 2 stroke bike after being out of the sport for over 10 years. Did I make a mistake? If they're going to outlaw them, then what about chainsaws, weedwackers etc?! There is a lot more of them around.
Please ...your feedback and comments are welcome!! Help me understand whats going on. :eek:
Thanks!!

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
There is a lot going on with the Environmental lobby that is pushing for the ban on 2 stroke engines (yes, this includes PWCs, boat motors, bikes, etc...). I doubt you will see any ban in the next 5 years, but it is coming. No, you didn't make a mistake buying a 2 stroke bike. Just make sure you maintain the bike and make it last for a long time.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Last edited:

ruffman

Apr 10, 2002
Bikes are going 4 stroke and lawnmowers are going electric.
Our kids kids will be having a conversation one day about 4 stroke bikes going electric, yikes

aus426

Mar 7, 2004
Ahh its great to live in australia, where the 2stroke is live and kicking. Did you guys ever get the honda CRE500? Just the street-legal thing for a sunday morning blast around the mountains on motard rims, rounding up blades and R1s.... Ive heard you guys dont even get the YZ250WR! what gives?

ruffman

Apr 10, 2002
Are politicians and old farts hated jetbikes jumping there wakes off there boats so they voted 2 strokes out. Since they couldnt discriminate against just jetbikes they had to get all the 2 strokers out.
The polution a 2 stroke bike makes in its life time is nothing compared to poorly maintained city dump truck makes in a day or the old farts tour bus that blows black smoke down the highway.
I saw one of your Ausie commercials with the Yamaha ripping it up, was very sweet.

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
Bizerk,

Don't worry about you bike being "banned" what the EPA is mostlikely going to do is ban the sale of NEW two strokes. Those of us that already have them will be able to ride and sell them. Remember what happened to three wheelers? This is the same thing.

Bizerk

Feb 28, 2004
Thank you all for your input..it is greatly appreciated! It will really suck if they ban the sale of 2-strokes....I just don't get it. I know that they want to because of the environment etc but there are a lot of other things that cause more pollution out there!! ...and again, what about all the chainsaws and weedwackers etc out there...there are a lot more of them in use everyday then 2-stroke dirtbikes. Boy this really gets me peaved in case you can not tell! :debil:
What about the crap that comes out of diesel motors like bigrigs, dump trucks etc. Have you ever seen one that doesn't pump godly amounts of smoke and soot in the air? Unbeliveable. Anyhow...I'm glad I got that off my chest. Thanks again for listening and for your valued feedback. You guys rock! :thumb:

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Bizerk said:
What about the crap that comes out of diesel motors like bigrigs, dump trucks etc. Have you ever seen one that doesn't pump godly amounts of smoke and soot in the air?

It's much easier for Eco-organizations like the "Sierra Club" and others to attack a smaller band of OHV, PWC & snowmobile users than to go after big buisness and truckers.
Plus it makes them look like heroes.
(well to the people that they have brainwashed with their eco-whacko propaganda anyways)
Dont worry though!
Im sure they wont stop -w- the beloved 2 stroke.
They wont be happy until ANYTHING -w- 2 wheels and a internal combustion engine is absolutelly outlawed. :whiner: :ugg:

Oh, PS: To the eco-whacko's out there. You can kiss my BRP's..........uh........tailpipe. :moon: :laugh:

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
Just to be clear, those diesels aren't pumping out the type of pollution that a two stroke engine of similar size would be, despite what it looks like. That isn't to get into the politics of the issue, but I thought it was worth noting.

Top Bottom