kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i was eidin my 01 kawasaki kdx 200 today and when i got back oil was all ove the swing arm. its coming from where the silenceand head pipe join and there is a rubber bushing. should i just try movin that around or is this normal??

mcoker

Mar 18, 2003
Yes, that's most likely where it's coming from. That's relatively normal, I guess... meaning, I've seen it happen on a lot of guys' bikes. You may be running rich if you're getting a lot of that, atleast consider getting some new jets.
But you can either try adjusting that rubber boot, it may be on backwards... on mine, the inside of the rubber thing has a lip that rests up against the end of the exhaust pipe. If you take it apart, you'll see what I'm saying. Or you can put zip-ties on both sides of it, and it shouldn't leak anymore.

chris kuba

May 31, 2003
That's normal. Your probably running a little rich if it's spurting all over like that. Mine did the same thing until jetted properly. My aftermarket FMF stuff doesn't have the rubber bushing like the stock pipe and allows more to escape also. Use a little hand cleaner on a dish brush and it will come right off.

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
my bike feels as though it is jetted properly but its not spewing a oil out it just comes out a little bit i think i have it on backwards so problem solved i suppose

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom