Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
You will get a lot of opinions on this but I would try a
DDK needle in the 3rd clip.
a 45 pilot maybe a 48
and a 182 main jet.

The jets and needle are available from http://www.sudco.com/

If you order from Sudco be sure you may want to order needles and jets on both sides of these because shipping is like $7 on one jet or lots of jets. Getting a range is actually cheaper and it gives you room to experiment.

Hope this helps.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
You will likely get a ton of opinions for sure.

I have a 2001 200MXC.

I am running a 178 main and I am at about 450 feet here in Dallas and we generally run humidities in the 55~65 percent range and temps in the 80's to low triple digits.

The manual says my idle jet is a 45 and my needle is a R1468D, but they say I should be running a 185 main right now because of temps.

I dropped from a 185 to my current 178 when I went to Moab this spring and found a very different (and more powerful bike) between my legs when I lit it up the first time. I decided not to change it when I got back and it is a lot stronger here as well.

I run 32:1 (instead of 40:1 or 60:1) as recommended.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Tony is probably correct for the R1468D needle. I'm not familuar with that needle so I don't know.

The straight taper DDK, CEK etc need a slightly richer main jet. Therefore the 182. If I were using the stock needle for my EXC (which I don't remember the actual number ) I would also be using around a 178.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom