Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
I have had an exhaust leak at the cylinder to pipe connection since I bought the bike. I want to eliminate this. I bought some new springs (way stronger then stock), and they didn't really improve anything. I just put some High temp RTV on there, but i know it wont fix the problem. I want this leaky exhaust gone, I know its not good for the motor or performance and I am afraid I will get sand and stuff into the pipe and motor. The pipe doesn't look like it sits flush on the exhaust flange.

I am willing to buy a new exhaust flange, or pipe, whatever to fix the problem.... but is there a fix??

Here are some pictures, and you can see if the pictures that exhaust doesn't really sit flush on the exhaust flange, I just applyed the RTV 1 hour ago.

Left side
100_2186.jpg

Right side
100_2193.jpg

100_2192.jpg

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
Hard picture to see, but this is looking through the exhaust port at the piston. The piston has less the 1 hour on it. You can see the shiny wear on it. It cant be felt or anything, but still worries me with less then 1 hour on it, could it be because of the exhaust leak?? My air filter is very clean.
100_2180.jpg

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
On my 98 yz125, there is sone kind of o-ring going there.
2 in the hole(so it can sit flush) and 2 around the pipe end.

mike-evans

Sep 16, 2009
when i bought my 01 yz 250 i noticed that the exhaust was sitting the same as yours is, and it had alot of spooge on that area as it was blowing from the gap...i removed the pipe and noticed 1 of the 2 orings was missing, so i got 2 new orings and 2 new exhaust springs, it has stopped any leaking but the exhaust stil does not fit perfect, maybey because my exhaust is a aftermarket Spes pipe and not a perfect fit anyway? As long as i havnt got any leaks anymore.....

Top Bottom