jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Hi gang, and thanks in advance!

I am doing the top end on my CR250. I am gonna go with a Wiseco piston set, and am wondering a)if it will need to be drilled for the exhaust bridge and b) if it comes with the wristpin bearings. I am going for the 2 ring piston, that's the Pro-Lite series?

Second is the reeds. They are chipped pretty badly and need replaced. They are carbon fiber, but how do you tell an aftermarket cage from stock, or are the petals interchangeable?

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
The 2000 CR250 doesn't have an exhaust bridge so don't drill the piston. The Wiseco Pro-lite kit should come with the wrist pin bearing. I get mine from motosport outlet and their kit includes the piston, rings, wrist pin, Wrist pin bearing, circlips, and gaskets for $119 I think.

The stock reed cage has the cage with a 6 bolt flange that goes into the cylinder and another 6 bolt flanged part with the carb boot molded onto it. The boyesen cage has a natural aluminum housing with a single 6 bolt flange and the carb boot attached with double carb bands. The V-force has 2 sets/pairs of reeds where the stock and boyesen have 1 set/pair of reeds. Each reed cage uses reeds specific to it.

Top Bottom