2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Anyone have any opinions on these? We sold our truck and are now looking for a new vehicle.

The vehicle is in great condition. Details Below. Good price, yes no? Any common problems?

Last edited:

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
My son loved his 2001 Limited (until a FEDEX truck ended the jeeps life). Anyway, he paid $10K US and I'm assuming you are talking $16.5K CAN. The only issues he ever had were a few odd electrical issues, i.e. the rear wiper circuit card and a door lock. All easily fixed. His was 4WD which was a good thing in Michigan. All in all a good ride. He's currently looking for another one since his was just totaled last month.

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
I have relatives with the 2000 jeep with over 250,000 miles on them with original motor. They are hard to kill and sounds like a deal to me.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
We have friends that had one. It was nothing but a gas sucking pig that loved spedning time in the company of other Jeeps so it was at the dealer a lot. I wrote it off as one of those things until another family we know picked up one for their daughter to drive. Same song different verse. The girl that did our filing and prints drove a 2000 for a couple years as well. It never had any major problems but the diff sure made A LOT of noise and the vehicle rattled a bunch and felt cheap. Our receptionist just picked up an '02 and so far it's OK but she has only had it 3 weeks.

Mar 16, 2007
i drive a 93 jeep grand cherokee with 200k plus miles on it and its running great so far. ive had it for about 2 yrs. its 4 wheel drive all the time. If you were to lift this thing it would be a beast! Better than a truck in my opinion because I dont like my dogs riding in the back of a truck too dangerous.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
we decided to get it.

Details.

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
64 000 KMs
Fully Loaded (Leather Interior, Sunroof, Heated Seats etc)
V8 4x4 (Mistake in first post.)
Lady driven

for $16 500.

i also fit very comfortably in the back passenger seats, which is very rare.

the owner had a handicapped husband and this vehicle wasn't practical for them.

all in all, i'm really liking it. and i'll be driving it by august! :cool: :cool: :ride:

Last edited:

schanxj

Apr 1, 2007
the heated seats have had problems, the drivers seems to go first. the back door latches on the outside will get sticky and be hard to press the button. Make sure the rear diff is a chrysler 8.25 as the Dana 35 they sometimes used always has problems, like grinding gears. Remember this is not a "truck" meaning it doesn't have a frame. It is uni-body construction much like a car or station wagon. all in all they are good vehicles but you need to keep in mind that it is a jeep and you know what that stands for....Just Empty Every Pocket.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I've read more than enough reviews to not be too worried about anything as it was the 1999 and older that had reported problems. The only problems I've found on reviews for Year 2000 was that it was bad on gas and other little things that don't effect me, although I'll be sure that we keep up on regular maintenance and check out the problems that some people have reported. But you can pretty much expect that with all vehicles really.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005

My father in law (25 years transmission mechanic) doesn't like them because he gets them in the shop pretty regularly.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM

Well, i'm not sure what exact model it is, but a quick search on KBB.com says its worth about 8 grand American.
Also not sure about the currency exchange?

And (please keep in mind i'm an old fart and am set in my old ways) a JEEP with 2wd???
Isnt that a sin or something? Postal jeeps maybe?
I checked their website once though. and all but the CJ (XJ, TJ or whatever it is now?...) are now just plain 2wd stationwagons.

That roll over easy.
In fact 2 of 'em were FRONT WHEEL DRIVE!?!
A Jeep with front wd?
Nothing is sacred anymore.

Whats next? 4door Corvettes with 3cyl engines and front wd??
F250's with aircooled Subaru 2cyl's?
CRF450's with the OPTIONAL engine installed?

Where's my Geritol? I'm goin' to bed! :yell: :fft:

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
It was a typo. It's 4WD. If you cared to read all my posts regarding the topic you would have seen that. 4WD and a V8 engine.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Jeep

Army wants GEneral Purpose vehicle = GP = JEEP!

My son bought another one after his little mishap, Moose - good luck with yours!

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Yeah I thought the price was a bit high, but I mean an SUV, in such great condition (low kms). If it were my money, I'd be willing to pay that. And hey, I fit in it, so it's good. Better then having my legs crammed against the back of the seat in front of me.

All in all, I won't be able to make a judgment until we've had it for a bit longer. But so far so good.

It's got a tow package too, jet ski and dirtbikes are good...now we just need a trailer for the bikes. :think:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…