Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
I went for a decent little trail ride yesterday. I've got to say that leaves must be the most dangerous obstacles out there. You can't see what is under them and on top of that they are very slick. At one time I was going down a leaf covered down hill and hit a log that was at an angle and completely hidden. I went down and managed to smash my pipe pretty good. I am worried about the head to pipe junction, the pipe is setting there croocked now and it could start leaking. Other than that I would keep using it. I am hoping that smoeone who changed there stock pipe out for a different pipe would be willing to sell their stock pipe. Let me know if you want to unload one. Also for those of you who have changed pipes, please elaborate on your findings regarding the change in power characteristics.

Thanks,
Neal

drz mick

Jun 2, 2001
Too bad you live in the States as my lightly used FMF Gnarly and Powercore II is available cheap ! The pipe sits quite deep in the cylinder block so no damage should have been done to the engine. It must have been a proper bump to dent the double skinned KTM pipe. Offset logs are possibly the most dangerous hazard in the World especially when covered in leaves. If you ride the trail on a regular basis do everyone a favour. Spend five minutes nailing a small piece of chicken wire to a small section. People will love you forever.

The FMF stuff gave me noticeable increases in torque and power throughout the range. The low down torque chug was loads better. Recommended. Should be cheaper in the US as well !

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i'm keepin' my stocker, but i can give you the results of some pipe testing: fmf adds a nice bit of bottom, is a little flatter on top; pc adds a nice bit of top, loses a little bottom. neither adds much, if any power over the stocker, they just move it around. pick yer poison!

Motowrench

Jan 8, 2001
Just a little advice, speaking from experience,,,, DON'T RIDE UNTILL YOU FIX OR REPLACE THE PIPE!!!! Don't forget, that a 2 stroke not only has exhaust pressure coming out of the cylinder,,,It also has a vaccum going back into it!
My son recently put a good sized ding in the lower belly section of his 125 SX pipe and continued to ride, not knowing that the pipe flange had been misaligned during the mishap.It later Suddenly lost power, and on inspection I found a loose lower rod bearing, as well as a worn out ring. Luckily it didn't hurt the cylinder.

As far as a pipe reccomendations,,, you might check about getting yours repaired. There are some shops that can straighten out a smashed & mangled pipe that looks totally unrepairable!!

I've heard that the DOMA Pipe works real well on the 200's also. Really made our 125 SX RIP!!

GOOD LUCK!

Jesper

Feb 26, 2001
I've tried the stock, FMF Gnarly, PC and Doma pipes. The Doma is without doubt the best of them all for the 200, more power everywhere. It's not nickel plated though.

/Jesper

yota

Oct 9, 2001
try langstonracing.com Gerald just sold me a nickel/chrome Doma pipe and silencer for the same price as the unplated. ground shipping from Cal. to Florida was only 8 bucks and I got it in 4 days. rode with it Sunday and it rips. 02 KTM 125 SX with Delta V-Force. Total cost was 14.00 more than I would have pd for a Pro Circuit thru Chaparral.

Top Bottom