Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
Here's my problem.
I bought a 6x10 enclosed trailer last fall for my dirt bike and roadrace bike. I have no personal car. I get a company truck. No one will insure the trailer W/out a personal vehical. My options are to sell the trailer to the company (if they let me) then get ti insured as part of the "fleet". My other option is to sell the trailer and get a van for the sole purpose of hauling and storing the bikes. The van would be good for stealth riding. i.e. park next to road unload and go, easy to stash out of the way etc.etc. The prob w/the van is i'm not excited about another motorvehicle. Not to mention the fact that I only spent 2 grand for the trailer and wouldn't want to spend much more than that for a van. so i guess my question is anybody got any experience with $2000 to $2500 vans??? And comments on vans as hual vehicles. This sounds like a headache vehicle price range to me!!

Thanks.

keith500r

Jul 27, 2001
you should be able to get something decent, I got a1991 ram250 cargo van for $1000, and it needed about $500 work but its fine now. if you get a full size with a v8 they are pretty tough and last a while. If you are going to do any long trips you might want to look for a commuter van and take the seats out. cargo vans are very noisy (well $1500 ones are ;) )

Top Bottom