diablo26

Apr 19, 2002
Hi everyone, I am having a little problem with the front brake on my bike. The lever has a mushy feel that I can't seem to get rid of. The brakes work but I have to pull the lever in too far to fully actuate them.

I know what your thinking... air in the lines. I tried bleeding( both gravity and reverse) but that didn't help. I put new pads in the caliper and still nothing. I replaced the oem ine with a steel braided line and that didn't help, and last night I replaced the master cylinder and that did nothing for me.

What else could it be? do I have to rebuild the caliper?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
Wow, you did try everything... I'm assuming there's no leaking in the caliper nor the cylinder...

It is a fluctuating or solid-fixed disk? If it is the first case, maybe there's too much free play...

Are you using DOT 4 or higher brake fluid? Try to replace the fluid with a new one, from a brand-new, sealed container. These fluids are very sensitive to humidity (they absorbe the moisture from the air, and loose its characteristics).

I give up. This is too hard to find out... Sorry...

Eggnchips

Jul 15, 2002
If your sure that you got all the air out, about the only thing left is a warped disk.

It would check again for air cos it can take absolutely ages to get all the air out

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
I would be willing to bet you haven't bled the brakes properly. Gravity rarely does a good job. By far the best way to bleed brakes is to get a 3 ft. length of clear plastic hose, put it over the bleeder screw and start sucking! Keep adding fluid as you suck fresh fluid through the line. This isn't pretty, but it works 100% of the time.

Top Bottom