ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
does anyone else notice the harsh mid stroke spike in rm forks? i ve talked to others with the same bike and they say no, their forks are great. i think that they are blind to any problems with thier bike. ive changed the valving to race tech , and it seemed to help a little, but that spike is still there. next thing i am going to try is changing the mid valve. ive heard that they are unusually restrictive. the race tech valves are type 2, as i am not riding on supercross style tracks. i am 175 lbs and a top5 novice rider. should i look int springs as well? as for the shock i have done nothing but set the sag and change the oil. seems to work well, but doesnt seem balanced with the forks. i was also told it is sprung for a rider up to 210 lbs, any answers would be appreciated thanks.

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
2001 rm forks

these forks can soak up the larger landings fine but acceleration,breaking bumps are so bad that it is hard to hang on , thus causing sevre arm pummp in the process. at times i have even lost grip and rode one handed, pretty scarry. my buddies 98 cr was done by race tech, and i can go much faster in the same sections . it totally boosts my confidence on his bike , and his bars are bent pretty bad to boot. the cr can hold the line in rough sweepers nite and day better than my rm. where i used to tense up and wait for the jackhammer effect on the rm, the cr floats through like its riding on marshmellows. can my rm forks be made to work this good?

Top Bottom