Novemberzac

Mar 2, 2010
I need some help i have a 2001 RM 125 had it maybe 3 months rode it right before winter and its been sitting since i went to kick it a week ago tried kicking it over no luck gas seems good put a new plug in and its getting spark, this is my first carbureted bike, so i need some help what i should try tips tricks i know basically nothing about these except what i've been able to find online

Thanks.

djtrozzo15

Feb 22, 2010
did you put the choke on?
if you try to many times, you might end up flooding it and will have to wait a few mins before trying again.

if you can get it to a hill, try jump starting it if you cant get it to kick start.

Novemberzac

Mar 2, 2010
i had the choke and gas on it sputtered a couple times like it was trying to start, and the last time i rode it it i ran used vp race gas and mixed that with the oil over the pump gas

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
hold the throttle wide open, choke off to clear the chamber. works every time on a flooded 2stroke. unless you already fouled the plug

Mar 28, 2009
well in fact, i have a 01 rm125 that i have the EXACT same problem with. haven't ridden it since before winter, and its been sitting since. didn't leave gas in it either.

Infidel138

Mar 12, 2010
I recently bought a 95 Rm 125 and prior to buying the bike it was kept in a garage and not started very much over 2 years. Ive had the bike for two weeks rode it twice. But last night is the hardest that I have rode it. It was Idling fine running great and then it wont start. Did all the troubleshooting steps for Starting difficulties and still nothing. A guy from across the street came over and was helping me with trying to start it and he came to the conclusion to check the Stator. The bike had compression, spark, and when we spraid starter fluid in the air box it would start sometime. When I follow the repair manual steps for checking the Stator I get .100 K ohms. The manual says for my bike 2-5 k ohms. I might not be doing this correctly does anyone have anymore ideas. As far as I know this is the original Stator on the bike.

Thanks Infidel138

Top Bottom