2001 showa (rm 125)

yam 3

May 19, 2000
I am rebuilding a set of forks off a 2001 rm 125. I have them apart but the rebound adjuster(bottom of fork) looks funny. The adjustment screw is attached to a"D" shaped finger that fits into a "D" shaped rod. I can see how the whole thing goes together, the question/problem is that when putting on the rebound adjuster to the damper rod, there is a lot of resistance. Is the adjuster supposed to turn with the nut? I do not want to overtighten the thing and ruin the forks. For a little clarity, the piece I am talking about is where you run the lock nut down on the damper rod to lock the forks together before tightening the whole thing into the bottom of the fork. I do not have a manual, I am replacing seals for a friend.

chrismxer

Aug 17, 2005
Yea, you will get some resistance from the adjuster. It is not suppost to turn while you put on the adjuster. So to help out you can put a screw driver in the slot and turn the body by hand. Good luck.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…