2001 World Enduro thumpers

You would think Honda and Susuki would see the writing on the wall. Actaully, Kawasaki needs to step up to the plate as well. The KLX is no where near resembling an OEM model, unlike the year the 250 class debuted and hoard of XR250s raced

did anyone else really look at those huskies? they kick on the right side now? i know the two strokes do, but i thought the four strokes kicked on the left. Man those gas gas looked good too!

KDXfile

Subscriber
Husky

This is a complete new engine design from Husky in 250cc & 400cc.
Not just another re-make of their old engine. Looks like a nice bike.
I'd like to get a test ride on one of those!

i would love to ride one of those huskies too, so it isn;t a rehash, the motor for all their four strokes are new? I like the way huskies look, and if they run like their two smokes, man look out! i'm kind of torn btween the husky and the TM though, man they look good too!

weimedog

Damn Yankees
Too bad that picture didn't show the new VOR's. They are completely different. Parimeter frame. Smaller. Lighter. Gas Tank goes under the seat. A 250, 450, and 530. Quiet an impressive looking offering. The VOR shown there is a 2001 model.:)

KDXfile

Subscriber
smb,
From info I'm getting from my local dealer, it's just the 250 and 400 enduros that are getting the new engine. The other models still have the older design. He also said something about a 150cc thumper in the works.

Gas Gas + DRZ

Anybody see a lot of DRZ-like looks in the Gas Gas 400. Man, I swear both sides of the motor look a whole lot like my DRZ. Of course, the rest of the bike looks like a works machine compared to my relatively mundane DRZ, but the similarity in the motors is amazing. Maybe I'm just hallucinating..again. :cool:

gas gas 400 engine

Thats either trick photography or they are using a drz top end.Its the same to the finest detail.:think

kdxfile, have you had much experience in the past with the huskies? i mean 4-strokes? i've seen the way their two-strokes run (very impressive). just wondering, cause i'm kinda torn between 250 and 400.

I must say it is nice to hear people excited about husky once again. They have a long history in the motorcycle world . I think I am going to try a 360 or a new 400. They seem to be making a definate effort again.Some competition for the japaneese bikes is good to.

KDXfile

Subscriber
katoomer,
I haven't had any personal experience on the thumpers; I rode a 00' WR250 all last year though. I was really impressed with the manufacturing quality of the bike. Probably the best of anything I've owned. I'm also torn between the 250 and 400 as far as the power goes. My local dealer will have some demos to ride so I plan to try and get a test ride on each when they come in.

weimedog

Damn Yankees
Realtive to VOR I had an earlier post that pointed to a Italian web site with lots of neat pictures of VOR 2002 line...as well as a Bunch of other brands and other neet stuff.

I have a picture of a 2002 production 530 VOR., not the prototypes..I just don't know how to post it. Its awesome.:silly: