jimicarl

Aug 7, 2001
fried my clutch at the moonshine several weeks ago. don't ask..., suffice it to say that i was STOOPID!! engine's fine. gearbox is fine. etc, etc, is all fine. but all the frictions are gone, gone, gone. and a couple of the steel plates are mildly warped. you just can't expect to stay on the trail for six miles whilst slipping the clutch in sixth gear.

i found some frictions. but guess what? the steels are back ordered. and i can't find a shop in the PNW who's got some. so i bead-blasted the old plates and reinstalled them. wish me luck.

somewhere in the 2002 model year run, KTM changed the configuration of the spline system for the inner hub. the steels don't mate directly into the splines any more. now, they mate into hardened steel dowels that mate into the hub. this is a VERY good system, which looks like it'll essentially eliminate grooving of the splines. good stuff, maynard.

but the 2001 model year steel plates won't fit. and the new plates are back-ordered. and white brothers is temporarily out of their stock. and barnett's not supposed to have their stuff ready for another couple of weeks. just so you know.

and guess what else? my parts book shows the OLD basket & hub system. i don't have the right part numbers, and don't have part numbers at all, for the dowels!!

so..., it's back to being STOOPID!!

dstktmusa

Jan 5, 2001
2002 part numbers : steel plates 590.32.010.100 and 590.32.010.200 there are 2 sizes of steels. fiber plates 590.32.011.000, same as 2000,01 models. drive sleeves 590.32.004.000

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom