dog2

Sep 26, 2002
My son's '02 KX65 is having problems popping into neutral, and sometimes having a hard time shifting from 2nd to third (i.e. stuck in 2nd). The bike has fairly low hours on it. The clutch is working well, and the oil changed regularly. The oil did seem a little bit low when I checked it tonight, but it was clean, with no shavings or particles.

Has anyone had similar problems?
What was the solution?

Thanks

Rory Boy

Jan 15, 2002
Hi Dog2,
Had the same problem on sons rm65. Found that lever under clutch basket broke. you will need to pull clutch cover and remove clutch and basket. there is a lever under basket with a wheel on the end of it that brakes off. lever is less than 10 bucks order a spare. think problem is from stomping on shifter when downshifting.

dog2

Sep 26, 2002
Is this lever part of the shifting mechanism or part of the clutch assembly?
The clutch appears to be working fine.

Rory Boy

Jan 15, 2002
The lever is part of the shift assembly although is on the opposite side of the shift lever.The wheel fits into the detent of the shift drum keeping it from popping out of gear until you shift it.If you drain oil and anti-freeze,pull off clutch cover you will find the broken piece in the bottom of case.Sons bike would pop out of gear whenever he let off gas.

Top Bottom