jodog

Jan 15, 2003
I have purchased a new Klx 400 and was told that I could pound out the tip on my exhaust to clear flow and increase horses, but I am conserned about damage to the exaust considering I can't afford a new aftermarket exaust. Any Suggestions?

JBTX

Jun 25, 2002
Before you do anything, use an allen wrench to remove the endcap and listen to it. This is roughly what it will sound like if you perform the free exhaust mod. IMHO, it does not sound good at all, and is not worth the very small gains you may acheive from it.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I've hear a moded DRZ (same bike) and its not that loud IMO. In addition to that you may want to take the top off the air box and rejet along with the pipe mod. You might check around and see of anyone makes a replacement tip that you can insert so that you can always go back to stock. Also, watch ebay and see if anyone is selling a stock exhaust and you can mod it and switch back and forth.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
There have been alot of mod threads for the DRZ400(same bike as yours just yellow) and they list the mods Danman said as well as some others that might interest you.

Top Bottom