2003 Rm 65

XC250

Mar 6, 2002
All,

I just bought my son a 2003 RM65 (KX in yellow trim), anyway we are in the process of getting it broken in and he is learning to ride with a clutch. I would like to make the bike have a smoother power band instead of the hit these little little things have, is it possible to accomplish this with just jetting ? Or what would you guys suggest with out going to the extream.
Thanks for your comments.

Steve

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Maybe you could make a throttle limiter device and remove it when he gets more experience . You could possible retard the ign timing but that will kill low end torque a l;ittle as well as the hit . Put a lot of slack in the throttle cable ? Maybe you could make a restrictive insert for the pipe or something .

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
Jet it on the rich side, and also get a washer and put in between the exhaust port and pipe. Putting more slack in the throttle cable will keep him from twisting WFO.

Don't go overboard with trying to detune it. He'll learn how to handle it quicker than you think.

rougewarrior

Aug 9, 2002
Go to Ericgorr.com he does a porting job that is supposed to increase bottom end, reduce the hit and make it easier to shift while learing to clutch! He only charges 100$ for 65's and once youve had it done and your son is ready to step up he does his racing port for free!! Cant beat that with a stick

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…