thriller

Apr 21, 2002
Just wondering what is the difference between a rm 60 and a kx 60 in the motor? I heard they are the same. Are the parts interchangable? :coocoo: Just trying to locate some parts for a 93 kx 60 that has a bad crank and jug and needed to know what would or would not fit :cool: Would a bottom end from a kx 65 fit a kx 60 top end? or would a engine from a kx 65 fit the kx 60 frame? THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
We have a KX60 and an RM65.
Many of the parts are remarkably similar, for instance the clutch plates are the same, but there are many subtle differences as well. I wouldn't try mixing tops and bottoms. I can look at the frames to see if the entire motor might bolt up, but I know that the air box is entirely different.
I like to peruse the parts fiche at Bike Bandit to compare and contrast.
BTW - KX60 = RM60 any year
KX65 = RM65 subtle changes in some year models but if you match the year model they are identical.

thriller

Apr 21, 2002
OldTimer said:
We have a KX60 and an RM65.
Many of the parts are remarkably similar, for instance the clutch plates are the same, but there are many subtle differences as well. I wouldn't try mixing tops and bottoms. I can look at the frames to see if the entire motor might bolt up, but I know that the air box is entirely different.
I like to peruse the parts fiche at Bike Bandit to compare and contrast.
BTW - KX60 = RM60 any year
KX65 = RM65 subtle changes in some year models but if you match the year model they are identical.
Wow that is why I come to forums, thanks very much!! :cool:

Top Bottom