2004 CR85R Suspension....

Aug 25, 2005
Hey guys...i need some help if possible...

Im 15 years old (this 9/11) and im about 5 feet tall and weigh about 85 pounds (give or take a few). I have a 2004 CR85R, and im havin probs with my suspension. I've tweaked with my suspension (usually by myself, but sum times with my dad around) to make it work for me but i cant get it right. What happens is that I'll hit like a section of 3 quick small doubles then a table (1st is 6 feet, 2nd is 9, and 3rd is like 12, table about 10) coming out of a corner, and i'll clear the first 6 footer, then tag up on the 2nd doubles lander..................Pause for a sec...... my friend lands the same spot as me, and his suspension on his 02' YZ85 just absorbs it and then hops over the rest (not clearing the third...only jumpin halfway).......... ME ON THE OTHER HAND....my back end gets kicked up and i bounce all over the place....the last time...yesterday....that i attempted the doubles, i got kicked over the bars... sooo, with the consideration that it is probably a mixture between a flaw in my riding style and suspension that isn't set up for me.... I must ask, Does anyone have ANY IDEA of what suspension settings to try/use for me and my bike. Im talkin about fork compression and rebound settings, along with shock compression and rebound (including high and low speed compression).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and sorry for the lonnnnngggg post...

Peace,
Chris

P.S. I ride nationals like Glen Helen or other outdoor motocross, and I ride at Lake Elsinore MX Park which is flat supercross... I need settings at least for the supercross being that im going to start racing at elsinore and i dont wanna kill myself over those doubles! :ohmy: :yikes: especially cause im just on the bike again after 4 months of letting my broken collar bone heal.... :yikes:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I would try softening the rebound on the shock, Unfortunately there is no correct answer. Just make small changes, and see if it feels better or worse. Consult the owners manual (if you have it) and write down all of the settings so you can go back to a decent setting if you fall too far off course. When documenting the settings, make comments on the page about how the bike feels after the change, this way you can reference it later.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…