stayfly3327

Jul 25, 2007
2004 CRF50X Vs.2002 YZ250

well my old thread got deleted a couple days ago but right now these are my main choices here since these are the only 2 used dirtbikes that arnt really crappy or to small for me
but also the guy with the YZ250 is probably going to give me a pretty good deal and throw in some gear and hes a state trooper and he seems like i decent guy and maybe can get me a jail outa free card :) but seriously he is probably also guna show me everything about it and not try and dump it on me like the guy with the CRF might do since its being sold through a used car/motorcycle dealer

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
6'1 205lbs

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
pretty aggressive not to much though

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
just trails and tracks

4) Do you have any riding experience?
i rode my friends quads a couple of years ago

5) Do you think you will race ?
probably every now and then

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
im going to try and do as much as i can do but not trying to do the really technacle stuff unless im sure i can do it
and i take general auto classes in my school

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
doesnt matter to me even though i think a 2-stroke will be better for me

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
yes yamaha/suzuki is the closest and theres a honda dealer about 30 mins away but im not looking to buy new

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
about 3500-4000

10) Do you live in California?
nope, NY

11) Your age?

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
na

Last edited:

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I'd go for the YZ. I took a 2004 YZ250 for a ride on Tuesday night and must say I was really impressed. The guy had engine work done to make it into a better woods bike (FMF gnarly pipe, flywheel weight and porting) but was otherwise stock (suspension, gearing, etc). The bike pulled hard, yet manageable, handled well and was an excellent all round bike. With minor modifications (steering damper, suspension revalve, higher bars) I felt I could race the bike no problem.

So, I'd lean towards the YZ. There's a reason why there's quite a few YZ250s at the races. Plus it's cheap and easy to maintain.

stayfly3327

Jul 25, 2007
ok well i just went to check it out and the guys are really cool
they seem to know what there doing and have been riding since they were 7
they also have maverunners and a couple of gixxers and let me sit on/start the bike and the guy ripped it down the street but ill see what happens

Top Bottom