2004 KDX models are here...no big changes

john hubbard

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2003
Just checked out the new 2004 kawasaki kdx model line up on their official website. There's been changes to the KX models, but no drastic changes or improvements to the KDX line up. No real complaints here, but it would've been nice to see just a couple of improvements...Guess we'll have to wait another year...Cheers~John

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Personally I don't think they'll put any more R&D money into the current KDX model. Look for the next generation of their off-road line to be based on 4-stroke and KXF technology.

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
they should atleast change the suspension, since everyone changes it anyways. and how much R&D money could it be to put heavier springs in? I think it'd be worth it.

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
Or at least relocate the kickstand (have it fold up like a KTM) and some USD forks would be nice. Both of these things seem to get in the way (more often then not) while trawling through deep ruts.

That's my two cents worth!

Later,
Chuck

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
yea, just spend get some extra sets of the KLX's forks and clamps and put them on a KDX. and the kickstand would be nice too. It just Sticks out like a sore thumb

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Value. That's what the KDX represents.

You can't touch a new off-road bike for less than $5,000 (KTM, Yamaha, Honda, GasGas). For what you spend for a new KDX ($3,500 to $4,000) you have a lot of money left over for aftermarket parts.

And lets face it, if you spend $5,000 or more on a new Brand X off-road bike, you'll more than likely STILL spend money on a pipe, springs and the like.

Please Kawasaki, DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING on the KDX. It's the best value out there.

john hubbard

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2003
RV6Junkie,
Hey I agree with you on alot of levels. But on the KDX 200, I'd like to see a standard O-ring chain, heavier standard fork springs, and a lighter frame. Nonetheless, the bike is really a bargain. And I have to tell you I read alot of KTM forums and it always amazes me how even their new tranny's self destruct, engines meltdown, etc...I know they're great bikes and i'm not trying to knock them, but i've read this story too many times about these bikes. I've the KDX forum from the beginning to now, and you really just don't hear about these kinds of woes with KDX's--and what's even cooler is that there are still so many old KDX's runnin' around!!!:)--A total testament to the design and bulletproof nature of this tried and true machine! So yeah, we can hopin' for some improvements, but until then i don't think you can wrong with this bike...and yes RV6, it' certainly "the best value out there."

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…