ANYONE make a steering stabilizer for the 2004 KDX?

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
I have a 2004 KDX 220R and am having problems getting a stabilizer. Apparently the 2003 GPR model will not work as the gas tank changed slightly. GPR keeps saying soon there will be a new bracket, but I have been waiting months. Now I am hearign GPR may discontinue the kdx model.

Does Scotts make one for the 2004 that is ready to go now? What else do I need to buy to make a scotts work? tripple clamp?

Anyone else have one ready for the 2004?

Thanks,
Phil

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
I have the GPR for my '03. I really like the stablilizer but was a little dissapointed in the "home made looking" bracket. It looks like they took a new bracket and cut it, and welded it back on an offset. I wasn't aware that the '04 was different but I'm sure you could fabricate the '03 bracket to fit the '04 if you know someone who is handy with a torch and welder. The bracket itself is a pretty simple concept. Do you know anyone who has an '03 you can look at?

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
bcVulcan said:
I have the GPR for my '03. I really like the stablilizer but was a little dissapointed in the "home made looking" bracket. It looks like they took a new bracket and cut it, and welded it back on an offset. I wasn't aware that the '04 was different but I'm sure you could fabricate the '03 bracket to fit the '04 if you know someone who is handy with a torch and welder. The bracket itself is a pretty simple concept. Do you know anyone who has an '03 you can look at?

I have a welder and can fabricate most things, BUT they said the prototype broke the pin off or something, and I did not want to start off with a bad product? And it was GPR who said the 03 model does not fit on the 04 bike because of a tank change.

I guess if no one knows here, then I will call scott's and see if they have a working product tested for the 04...

So no one here has an 04 with a stabilizer?

Thanks,
Phil

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
The bracket on my '03 220 does touch the gas tank. This worried me a little so I bent it back just a fraction to keep it from rubbing the tank. No problems after about six months.

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I have the WER on my KDX - really like it. Price is good considering what the other setups cost - plus it leaves room up on the bars for computers etc.

The rpice of these things is ridiculous - but I wount ride without one anymore. I think they are $320 at Rocky Mountain for the whole setup. If you have multiple bikes - you can get the mouting hardware for under $100 and can swap it out in less than 5 mins.

sn

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
Scotts has a set up for the KDX's,you can either get it as a bolt on for the stock triple clamp(just a mount,post and the stabilizer) or as a kit with a scott top clamp(there is a top clamp only up for bid on that worldwide site) ;)
I run a GPR on my 02 but it has a weld on post,not much room but it fits between the tank and steering head,are you sure the 04's are different ?

Top Bottom