Rouse5369

Mar 3, 2005
We are having problem with throttle bog, from fully closed to quick snap open. This bike is completley stock. We are running 93 octane pump gas, i know this is part of our problem, but i know alot of people not running VP racing fuel. We change the main jet from a 172 to a 170 to try and lean it out a little, adjusted idle up just a bit. it was a little better. I am going to move the clip on the needle from 3 slot standard to second spot and see if that will help out, anybody else having this problem and what did you do? any suggestions guys please help me out here.

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
change the leak jet to a #40, pilot to a #45 or #48. I'm also running a NHGT needle on the 4th clip position. I still have a very slight bog if I let it idle the whole way down but under normal riding conditions you never really do that. I've also heard folks are having good luck with the Toyko mod carb setup but that is mostly the same jetting and a little work done to the accelerator pump cover (but I don't know what they do)

Top Bottom