2006 Yamaha TTR 230

depock

Mar 25, 2008
Found this bike on Craigslist for $2800. It's been made street legal. Any opinions? The first review I saw online was negative.

Apr 30, 2007
My opinion is that...My CR 80 ate one for lunch...

Really, it depends on your size, age, and what kind of riding you intend to do...how about filling out that little questionnaire for us please!? (Find it at the top of the threads in this forum).

If you're using it for road riding, I'm not sure that it'd hold up to highway speeds...

I've sat on them...and they're pretty doggone heavy too...

depock

Mar 25, 2008
I did that survey and received good advice, which I appreciated.

This time I'm inquiring about this particular bike's quality and reliability only, in general. The price is attractive.

It's too small for me, but might work out as a second to have for anyone that wants to ride with me.

Apr 30, 2007
Ahhh! That does provide quite a bit of explanation!

For a second bike...play bike...or otherwise, I think it'd be fine...I don't know them as well, but haven't heard rotten things past that they are heavy as a brick.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
They are overweight, underpowered and undersuspended and would be one of the last bikes on earth I'd spend money on.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…